From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:33:52 -0500
The elecraft k2 is a kit rig starting out as 80 through 10 meters cw
only.  options can be added for 160m, internal automatic antenna tuner, dsp
noise reduction and audio filter, ssb capability, internal battery, and 100
watt amplifier.  rig by itself is 15 watts.
One of the best receivers around, portable, and with everything but the
amp, runs around $1200.00.

Usable as is, but the krc2 will make it a much more pleasant experience.

Please write back if you have further questions.  I have a ts2000, but now
use the k2 almost exclusively on hf.
Really a great little rig.