Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 10:54:38 -02-30

Kevin:

Just another  question regarding manual tune up.
The SWR/Power meter that you use, does it also give you an oscillating tone
that changes in pitch to assist with tuning or do you adjust your controls,
while having the PTT activated,  and then take a power and SWR measurement
to insure proper tune up of your amp?
I'm thinking of the tune up procedure of the FT-101ZD/102 type transceiver.
These transceivers require that the PTT be pressed while adjusting the tune
up controls.
I'm thinking that The Fowle Gimique and this new talking SWR/Power meter
from RF Applications would have to work in tandem.
You know, I just wish there was a fellow blind ham near me who had an tubed
type amp or tubed type transceiver, the kind I'm interested in, so that I
could learn first hand but I guess that's  the way it goes. <HI HI>

73:
Michael VO1RYN