From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 12:55:14 -0000
Hi David,

I had one of the earlier ones for a bit and the speech chip for it.  I am
totally blind.  I found that if I was willing to take my time I could
navigate through the menus pretty well although it still doesn't read the
settings of each menu.  The recorded manual from Handihams was very helpful
along with making a Braille cheat sheet of the order of items in each menu.
You will notice each one begins with a longer beep tone when you reach the
first selection and using this little help, you can figure out pretty well
what you're doing.  I only used mine occasionally but I think if you were
using one on a regular basis, it would become even easier and, with the
addition of that little QSYer pad, it would become downright fun I think.

Good luck with your new rig and very 73.

Kevin, K7RX :)