Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:55:10 +1100
The chance is (at 99.9%), she did not install mobo chipset driver.  win98
(and any other windows) won't know all chipset, and you need to install
drivers for them.
Depending on the mobo chipset, you can find & download the latest from
Internet easy.
VIA chipset - use 4in1 (4.45 current) from http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2
Intel chipset - go to www.intel.com
nVidia chipset - www.nidia.com and look for nForce driver
SiS and ALi chipset only require AGP bus driver which she certainly doesn't
have such chip.

Jun Qian