BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. P. Edison" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:35:26 -0400
>> > a new high cal micro particle lime that
> > is a carbonate (non hydraulic) lime in powder form
>
> In short, it isn't lime at all.  It isn't hydraulic lime, it isn't
hydrated
> lime, it isn't quicklime, it IS either GROUND LIMESTONE or GROUND
MARBLE that
> received a simplified sales name.
>
> Steve Stokowski
> Stone Products Consultants
> Building Products Microscopy
> 10 Clark St., Ste. A
> Ashland, Mass. 01721-2145
> 508-881-6364 (ph. & fax)
> http://members.aol.com/crushstone/petro.htm

I assume that Steve is focusing on the "carbonate" part of this
description in declaring this to be NON-LIME (which is quite right if
it is, indeed, a carbonate and not a hydroxide).

If the carbonate description is accurate, the material is worth about
$7 a 50-lb. bag and we have truckloads of it to sell to anyone willing
to pay $14. We only recommend it to be used in non-mortar, non-stucco
and other non-masonry applications, however. But it works very well as
a filler for latex paint.

Edison Coatings, Inc.
M. P. Edison
President