From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:40:40 -0800
On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:50:29 EST, Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In a message dated 1/31/03 12:12:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
>writes:
>
>> For example, the two women who won Gold Medals in the Olympics while on the
>> Zone Diet, ate approximately 70% of their diet in fat...
>>

>I have several Zone books and there is no way that a 70% fat diet is even
>remotely close to the low-fat recommendations of Sears.  Below is a letter
>Sears wrote in response to an article about the Zone Diet which appeared in
>the Boston Globe.

Note he says "the amount of fat consumed in the Zone Diet".

This is because nearly everyone who does the Zone Diet is overweight, and so
the fat they consume is lower.

( Unless you are in ketosis, then you can halt any fat loss by eating too much
fat. )

By the way, as in almost EVERY case in the last 15 years where someone has cut
out part of my statement in quoting me, you cut out the important part, ie that
there is no fat content recommendation for everyone in the Zone Diet.   In
fact, every quantitative recommendation varies from individual to individual,
which is why most people find the Zone Diet to be "too complicated".

--
Cheers,

Ken