From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:19:52 +0100
Den 2003-03-23 09:22:30 skrev Jane Warner <[log in to unmask]>:

>I had not heard this before, so I did a Google search to see what I could
>find.  So far, all the professional botanists place eggplant in the
>nightshade family.  I also searched for eggplant and cucurbit to see if I
>could find a reference to eggplants being in this family.  So far, nothing
>like that.  What source are you quoting here?

I read this in an article about the aubergine/eggplant in my daily newspaper.

>I did come across the information that eggplants are native to tropical SE
>Asia.

That is what I also read, and in that case it is no nightshade.
The article also told about the mistake when giving the latin name to it,
there was an explanation for the mistake also. So it all seemed reliable.

>I'm looking forward to getting clarity on this.

Also I :-)

- Hans