NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:20:29 -0500
From: "Babes In Paradise" <[log in to unmask]>
> Hi All!  Can you believe this?  I'm actually considering having my daughter's
> birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese!!!  I emailed their customer relations
> department to find out if there's anything my dairy-allergic son (and myself
> who's lactose intolerant) can eat there and they very quickly emailed me
> back with ingredient information.  I was quite impressed.  I surely wouldn't
> recommend this for those who have anaphylactic reactions or worries with
> cross contamination though, just out of safety.

My daughter has celebrated 3 birhtdays in indoor playgrounds (being born in January and living in Canada does limit your options somewhat).  We usually bring our own birthday cakes and but the drinks locally.
We tried Chuck E. Cheese's once but went to Woody Wood's for the subsequent occasions - the place was bigger and less crowded.

Last time she did get a mild reaction, probably by touching a game or slide that was previously touched by one of the pizza-eating kids.
Maybe renting a private playroom would have been a better idea.

>  If anyone is interested in
> their ingredients list please email me and I will forward it to you.

Please do.