From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:48:45 -0800
David,

Sorry, I forget you're not looking over my shoulder! :)
See below for comments/answers.

Yes, I do have a DHCP server and the other computers obtain their IP just
fine. I have connected the laptap to the same switch as my main Win XP
computer.

> 2.  You have something that will answer DHCP requests, but these are never
> making it to the network because of some problem with the card or
> its driver or similar.

The equipment came without software, manuals or support (it is an old laptap
with 24 MB memory and a 1.2 gig hard drive -- only Win 95 will install). The
hardware included two Xircom CreditCard Ethernet Adapter IIps pcmcia cards.
I have no idea if they work or how to check them. I downloaded the drivers
from driversguide.com because it seems Xircom was bought out by Intel and
they do not support this model on their website.

My problem lies in that I don't know where to start. Is it a hardware
problems or is it a software problem? I was looking for help to make sure I
had Win 95 properly configured before even thinking about spending the money
to replace the network card.

Thanks for the remarks. Have my answers sparked any new ideas?

Jim

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml