From:
"K. McCullough" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. McCullough
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:31:33 -0800

Thought I would let everyone know of a restaurant in So. CA. to avoid. I was to attend a party at a Rockin Baja Lobster restaurant so I inquired of GF menu items. This was their reply:

As far as gluten free, I regret to inform you of little to no menu items. I have researched requirements of a gluten free diet, and really have not come up with anything, as far as grains and such thet we use which we could consider safe for you. Knowing this, the best and only item I could or would serve you would be plain romaine lettece, for which I would recomend you bringing your own dressing. Even our corn tortillas have trace amounts of flour to hold them together. i have searched out our entire menu, and based on USDA guide lines, aside from plain lettece, there is nothing that I can or will claim as gluten free. I apologize for the delay in responce, but proper research had to be conducted. I do however appreciate your patronige, and would consider, with release of liability, to reheat food you have prepared yourself so that you may participate in the evening. I cannot however prepare, (cook on site), anything except menu items. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Evan M. Kenville
Restaurant Manager
Rockin' Baja Lobster

This is the first time I have come across a restaurant that literally has nothing to offer Celiacs! This just amazes me...

K. McCullough