From:
Eugene Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 23:46:57 EST

I need information about celiacs who are requested to take an MRI.  Two
issues emerge immediately.  The first concerns the Barium Sulfate that is to
be taken 24 hours before the procedure.  Is it generally gluten free, or does
it depend on the brand used and require a check with the supplier?  The
second concerns the dye that is injected during the exam.  Is it generally
gluten free, or must a check be made with supplier? Last, what has been your
experience with this type of procedure   -  in so far as our celiac issues
are concerned?

Gene Hill
Davis, CA