C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:09:53 -0400
Hi Ken,

  Yes, but it is the individual who carries out the beliefs and they carry
their foblies with them. I know the religions are harmless - just as guns
are harmless until you put them in a the hands of a human. I have lived all
over the US - so I have seen how the prejudices change from region tto
region. You must remember we immigranted in 1957  - WWII would have been
fresh in the minds of the adults and some of them would have lost family in
the war. It is hard not to hate when you have been directly effected. My
mother hates the German's with a passion - hence we became Americans as soon
as possible - in those days the wait was 7 years and the Judge in the little
town in Kentucky we lived worked really hard to try to deny our citzenship -
after all My Mom had been drafted into the Hitler youth (like she had
choice) and I was born not only German but illegimate and we don't want
trash here. Papa wrote his Senator in order to get thru. My grandmother who
joined us in 1960 - remained German and was also the best example of a human
I have ever seen - she hated no one, blamed no one. I think she knew hatred
diminishes the person,  after all she lost her children and grandchildren to
the Americans and Russians, becasue Hitler conquered her country.

                                            Trisha