From:
martinbojan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:24:53 -0500
Thanks for everyones help.
I did it!!!

I replaced the 10 gig Western Digital with the 30 gig HD (Maxtor) that has
the Windows ME on it.  The Windows ME is the slave and the 60 gig Western
Digital with Windows 2000 is the master.   I am booting with the Windows
2000 and Windows ME is being used as any of drive going through "Explore" or
whatever.

After getting the data files that I need, I will probably reformat it.  Are
there any pros or cons on just deleting the duplicated software and leaving
the Windows ME intact.  I am sure you will say reformat.    I don't need all
the extra space at this time.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Mary Martin

> There must be some exceptions to this.  I have a machine with dual hard
> drives, 1 active DOS partition on each.  They are set up as primary master
> and slave.  The primary master has Win95, primary slave has Win98.  I
enter
> the motherboard BIOS and change to boot from C, D, E, etc. based on my
> desires.  When each drive was installed and configured, it was the only
> drive the system could see.  If the 30 Gig w/WinME and the 60 Gig w/Win2K
> are set up to work with this system, then check your BIOS to see if it
> supports booting from a selected drive as mine does.
>
> Windows does some funny things behind the scenes, but it has not affected
my
> functionality.  For instance, IE places temp files on the drive with the
> most available space.  The drive letters play tricks too.  When booting to
> the BIOS D drive, Windows calls this the C drive and the other becomes D.
> Use distinctive volume labels and you shouldn't have any problem.
>
> Let us know what you work out.
> Ron Jobe

The