NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:15:54 -0500
  hi....ever have a day where u know u should've stayed in bed?  well, here's my day (warning: b*itching and complaining) and its only noon:

  7am--Tyler wakes up, coughing a lot, neb him, feed him
  7:45am--Hunter wakes up and I see his crib is covered, the entire width and 1/2 the length in wetness, that is yellow in spots, I realize by smell this is spit up (but obviously A LOT since it is about 2feet wide by 2 feet long) formula (which is thickened w/ rice cereal) and smells rancid.  GREAT!  Strip crib, change Hunter's diaper and put him in new onesie w/ bib; feed him
  8:30--put both kids in tub....after 10 min, go to take Hunter out and realize he has made a HUGE forest green diarrhea like but mushy poop that is now covering the baby bath tub and leaking into  the bath water that BOTH of my children are bathing in.  Grab Hunter out, hose him down, wrap him up, put him in crib, grab Tyler out, wrap him in towel, send him into his room to wait for me.  Diaper Hunter.  Diaper Tyler. Dress Hunter. Dress Tyler. Let water out of tub. squeeze out bath foam thing Hunter was sitting on as he is still kinda wobbly in baby bath seat....tub is covered and gross but I have to run....
  9:15am--make bottles, pack diaper bag, leave house (Hunter has also spit up now and Tyler has pooped; they are both changed)
  9:45--Ped appt, follow up for just Tyler;s ear infection from last week BUT she wants me to bring Hunter too cuz she prescribed drops for his goopy eye on Monday and wants to be sure they worked.  Wellllllllllll, Tyler still has ear infection, but now instead one 1 ear, its both, and his sinuses look gooky too.  His chest is clear (GREAT!)  Hunter who was just having is eye looked at (yeah right), has a DOUBLE ear infection as well and doc thinks the spittingup/wet crib episode is a result of too much mucus and reflux making him throw up, especially if he coughs...GREAT!  Get 3 prescriptions, 2 copays, make follow up appt for 12 days from now and put kids coats on....I had propped up Hunter;s bottle in seat cuz he started crying during check out process.  He is now screaming again, I check him, he is COVERED in the 9oz bottle of Neocate and rice cereal, as the nipple has fallen out of the top of the bottle!!!!!!!!!!! OK, 9 oz of sticky slimy cereal and formula all over baby and the car seat, the car seat cover (we have a fuzzy zip up thing to keep him warm), the blanket and the ped floor.  Go into a room, strip down Hunter, cereal mixture is dripping everywhere wipe his whole body down (this stuff is stickyyyy), clean off table in room, dress Hunter, try to clean up car seat but what can I do, I have to put him back in it, put all soiled clothes and blankets in bag; Hunter is crying cuz he is still hungry; Tyler is crying cuz he is hot and bored; make new bottle (thank goodness I keep formula mix and cereal in bag).  FINALLY we leave the peds office but not before Tyler drops his lollipop on the floor and cries about that too.
  11:00am--pharmacy--pick up prescription BUT the 1 cant be filled yet cuz we supposedly still have some at home (DUH! I need more obviously!! we do have a few days supply left but didn't want to have to go back to the pharmacy again over the weekend....its insurance co fault not pharmacist so I try to stay calm.  I have to go back in 3 days to get the other prescription now).
  11:45am--I am finally home; throw the soiled stuff (all crib bedding, towels from bath, bath foam thing, soiled clothes from formula explosion, all the car seat coverings, and spit up cloths I used to clean it up) in laundry.  I spill some detergent on myself but at this pint, that seems like the least of my problems.....go upstairs, Tyler pooped, change him; go all the way upstairs, hose down tub, put Soft Scrub all over it, let is soak (and it is still soaking while I sit here and pound the keys on the computer) and fold the laundry that I removed from the dryer....

  Sooooooooo, now I am off to feed the kids lunch....and then continue with the laundry, scrub the tub, and the bathroom floor which has somehow gotten soiled too??? redress the car seat, re-do the crib bedding, fill the humidifiers, put cream on Hunter's eczema, give Tyler a neb treatment,  Lysol the whole house so my hubby and I don't get these nasty colds/ear infections/sinus infections that my kids have, by the time I do that it will be tike for meds again, make dinner....I'm sure there will be several feeding and probably more poops and pee pee diapers too...and probably some spit up....maybe I will have to pee too??!!  LOL

  I am sorry to vent....but I told my mom I was going to write an essay about a day in the life of a mom and put it in the BIRTH CONTROL Health Class book for high school kids....I know that sounds mean and I love my kids more then life itself and would not trade them for any other children , despite their issues, But geeeeeez, days like this really make you crazy!!  And yesterday, I thought life was so great cuz Tyler wasn't wheezing and Hunter wasn't puking...2 steps forward, 10 back.....I must go now....LIFE is calling!!!

  Nancy
  (aka: overwhelmed mom to 2 in NJ)

  "Mothers of little boys work from son-up to son-down!"

  "My sons  are my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise them  is my greatest challenge"