BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Store owner in Olympia: "Albanians say 'Hungry bear do not dance.'"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:34:07 -0800
Hi Leland,  I don't know those quarries but being on the west side of the
state I'd say they were probably marble, or maybe slate.  We have some
granite quarries in Dummerston, just off rt 30, where some of the fellas
used to swim.  Someone wanted to reopen the quarry a few years ago but some
of the people around there raised such a stink the project was given up.  I
think the name of the last company to use this quarry was Presby and
Leland.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT