From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 03:59:05 -0500
According to this page:
http://www.techadvice.com/w98/errors/2/er_00151.htm
"This is most likely a problem involving devices which do not have proper
settings assigned (like IRQ or DMA) by the Plug-N-Play (PnP) circuitry. In
probably shows up on systems that have the BIOS PnP setting enabled.

Solution:

Enter BIOS and change the setting "PnP OS Installed" to "NO" and restart the
computer and see if the problem goes away.

Additionally, if you have older ISA cards plugged in the motherboard, you
should set the IRQ number to "ISA/Legacy" in the corresponding IRQ item of
the PnP section in the BIOS so the IRQ is not automatically used by either
the motherboard or the operating system. For example if you have an older
sound card using IRQ 5, you should make the entry for IRQ 5 in the BIOS PnP
section to "ISA/Legacy" instead of Auto or PCI."
I have just Formatted my computer and loaded the OS (WIN '98) back onto it.
It won't start in "Normal Mode", it says: "Fatal Exception occurred at
0028:C005177E in VXD VPICD(01)+00001EA2. When I press CTRL-ALT-DEL it
re-starts, but does the same thing. Goes through the whole start-up process
and then won't show the desktop, just a pale blue blank screen (not that the
colour matters!). If I press "any key to continue" it goes straight to the
pale bleu blank screen. However, it will start and do everything right when
I start it in safe mode.