From:
Jim Hodges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 07:11:50 -0800
sounds like memory.Might try taking all your cards out of your system. Leave video in and try to reboot. If it does the same thing then I would try different memory.
Jim Hodges

 Ms Susan J Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:I have just Formatted my computer and loaded the OS (Win 98) back onto it.
It won't start in "Normal Mode", it says: "Fatal Exception occurred at
0028:C005177E in VXD VPICD(01)=0001EA2. When I press CTRL-ALT-DEL it
re-starts, but does the same thing. Goes through the whole start-up process
and then won't show the desktop, just a pale blue, blank screen (not that
the colour matters!). If I press "any key to continue" it goes straight to
the pale blue, blank screen. However, it will start and do everything right
when I start it in "safe mode". Can anybody help with this problem please.
By the way, when it does it's "scan disk" at the start, it doesn't find
anything wrong!

with our NOSPIN Power Linux CD... at a great price!!!