From:
Ken Engelhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:24:09 -0400
I'm not sure that this is always true.  I vacationed in Newfoundland this
summer.
On the west coast, at Port aux Choix is a site that has been inhabited for
about 8000
years by at least four different indigenous groups.  As the ice age ended,
the glaciers receded
and the land, which had been compressed by the ice, rose.  As a result, the
coastal villages are high
and dry and available for archeological investigation.

I have read two other books by Diamond - The Third Chimpanzee and Why Sex is
Fun.  Both terrific.

Ken

> > what is the name of Diamond's other book? Also
> > related to this is the huge rise in sea level at the end of the last Ice
Age