From:
Betty Milner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:31:14 -0600
Theola, yes, the supplements got rid of the white spots (and the muscle
cramps)...but I sometimes wonder if that's attributable to the Vitamin D
that was in them helping with the uptake...either that or I never could
properly absorb the dairy form of calcium. I still remember what that
doctor said was the best absorbed source of calcium: oyster shells. With
my warped sense of humor, I snapped back at him that I didn't know how
to cook oyster shells. At that time, I assumed that all muscle cramps
were caused by  lack of potassium...I was 20 and "knew everything". :)

My SAD eating daughter was told to take supplemental calcium after
bunion surgery because things just weren't healing properly. She had the
spots and they are gone. I did convince her to increase her protein to
aid in healing and also to reduce her carbs. I am still struggling with
getting myself full paleo, but I'm taking baby steps. I'll be 51 in
December so I have had a lot of years of habits to unlearn.

Betty Ann