From:
Betty Milner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:28:54 -0600
I find your post interesting. Back in the early 70's, when I was
pregnant with my son, I had a doctor who told me those white spots were
due to the fact my system didn't process dietary calcium properly. This
was right after I woke up in the middle of the night screaming from a
severe muscle cramp in one calf muscle. He prescribed a calcium
supplement to alleviate the problem. At this same visit, he examined my
fingernails and noted the white spots and told me that was another
symptom. I had always had the white spots even though I consumed gallons
of milk. Of course, this was back in the days when I didn't know any
better. With the amount of beef I consumed at that time, I would think
that, for me at least, zinc deficiency was not an issue.

Betty Ann