From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:54:27 -0500
From: "Betty Milner"
> I had a doctor who told me those white spots were
> due to the fact my system didn't process dietary calcium properly.
>I had always had the white spots even though I consumed gallons
> of milk. Of course, this was back in the days when I didn't know any
> better. With the amount of beef I consumed at that time, I would think
> that, for me at least, zinc deficiency was not an issue.

Did the calcium supplement get rid of the white spots?

I have always eaten a lot of beef (still do) and back then consumed a lot of
dairy too so, like you, I would think zinc (or calcium) deficiency wouldn't
be an issue (and especially not with supplementation) unless something were
preventing uptake.  Through different diet changes through the years the one
constant was always the white spots; therefore, it's hard for me not to come
to the conclusion that it's what I've *not* been eating  since going paleo
that has made the difference.  Other diets--whether SAD, Ornish, LF/HC,
etc.--are not so very different from each other because of reliance on
non-paleo foods.

Theola