From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:13:03 -0400
Here's my report on my "fat fast" experiment with diet-induced
thermogenesis.  In fact, I don't feel any different, except for
appetite, which is increased.  As Blumberg said, I want to eat every
couple of hours or so, presumably in search of more protein.  Some may
recall my saying that I wake up in the morning with no appetite.  That
has changed; I wake up hungry now.  I don't really have "meals" anymore.
 I have small high-fat snacks throughout the day.  This is day 4, so I
must be pretty well depleted of glycogen by now, although I don't notice
any difference.  I haven't lost any weight yet, nor have I gained any.
 I have no direct way of knowing if or when DIT happens, but if I don't
begin to lose weight, I'll assume it is not happening.  Most of my
vitamins are coming from the dessicated liver that I take in the
morning, I guess.  I have gone without carbs for extended periods
before, but never with so little protein.

Todd Moody