From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:38:12 -0700
> > someone converted a cornfield to grazing.
>
> Happens all the time, part of the crop rotation
> cycle many
> farmers follow.

As you can readily tell, I'm not a farmer :)

> If you just abandoned a crop field, the first year
> would be
> mainly broadleaf weeds, .....

Pretty much as I expected.

> my garden. This year I have lots of lambsquarters,
> because
> last year I let one grow up and go to seed. That is
> all it
> took, now I have plenty ;--)

How does one prepare lambquarters? Raw, cooked? Roots,
leaves?

> Got bunnies in your yard? Squirrels? Just plant a
> few bushes...

No bunnies. Couple squirrels. Lots of gophers - they
like all the stuff I've been planting :)

Like I said, it's another story. When I originally
purchased my acreage the developer had a 'rural'
subdivision in mind (horses, llamas, farm houses,
etc). However, he died shortly thereafter and the new
developers decided to make create an 'exclusive'
subdivision of half million dollar estates. I can
'stretch' the CC&R's somewhat, but not like I was
originally planning....

http://health.yahoo.com