From:
Liz Bockman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 23:45:33 EDT

Hello everyone!

Thank you all so much for giving me your opinions, recipes and or ideas in
regard to finding a good pizza crust, hamburger buns and everyday sandwich
bread.  Here are the results:

The majority of the individuals found these to be the best:

       *Kinnikinnick:  was the company that was highly recommended the most
for pizza crust, hamburger and hot dog     buns, doughnuts, bagels, Italian
white bread and tapioca rolls.   The brown breads were said to not be the
best.

       *Chebe bread mix was the other highly rated mix for pizza crust and
rolls.  (Chebe.com)

       Gluten Free Pantry: for their GF Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix, Country
French Bread and Pizza Mix

       Ener G: Tapioca Bread and Rolls

       Miss Roben's:  Biscuit Mix for pizza crust and hamburger buns.  Roll
and cut sugar cookie mix is good too.

Only single recommendations were made for the following companies/mixes.

       Glutino Rolls and Sandwich Bread
       Gillian's French Rolls
       Cause You're Special:  Pizza Crust & Bread Mix
       Genuine Bavarians GF Whole Grain Bread (from Germany)
       Foods by George:  Pizza Crust
       Bob's Red Mill Bread Mix
       Panne Rizo:  was not given any particular food item.  (pannerizo.com)
       Made by Mona:  pizza crust and rolls

Other Suggestions included:

       To purchase Bette Hagmans cookbooks (which I did buy ALL of them).
       Try Bette's Salem Crumpets for pizza crust and the Four Flour Bread
for dinner                 rolls.

       Call Red Star Yeast for recipes
       Go to Glutenfreediet.com-pizza crust is supposed to be really good.

I went to Gluten Free Trading (www.gluten-free.net) and ordered Chebe bread
and other miscellaneous stuff.  I would highly recommend receiving a catalog.
 It has a lot of stuff from other companies including Gluten Free Pantry.

I ordered foods from kinnickick.com.

I will let you know what I think!