From:
Brenda Slater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brenda Slater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:51:16 -0500

I can't seem to find DelMonte Ketchup in any of my local Atlanta grocery
stores.  I've got my local Publix looking into special ordering me some,
but it's going to take 6 weeks to get.  I found at Kroger they're now
stocking Red Gold Ketchup.  Following is the reply I received today via
email from Red Gold re the GF status of their products.

September 10, 2002

Dear Ms. Slater,

Thank you for your recent correspondence concerning the uses of gluten, soy,
citric acid, MSG, dairy products, peanut proteins, meat or animal products,
alcohol or eggs in the manufacturing of tomato products produced by Red
Gold, Inc.

Our products contain no added colors, thickening agents or artificial
flavors.  Natural flavors are also explained by the contents of this letter.
The vinegar used in our products is derived from grain alcohol based
fermentation.  The grain used in this process is corn.  The sweeteners we
use are all derived from corn.  Corn gluten would be the only gluten present
in the products produced by Red Gold.

Our products contain no eggs, alcohol, MSG or peanuts.  Soy oil is used in
some of our pizza sauces, and we do make a spaghetti sauce with meat and /or
cheese, but all are identified appropriately in the ingredient statement.
We also do not have any cross-contamination with any of the above
substances.  We adhere very strictly to the guidelines provided to us by the
Nutritional Labeling and Education Act.

We do add citric acid and/or ascorbic acid to some of our products, and it
is naturally present in tomatoes and in the tomato paste used to make our
products.   The citric acid that we use is derived from beet molasses and/or
corn and the ascorbic acid is derived from corn, however, the proteins are
removed, thus negating any gluten.  The same is true of our natural
flavorings. We use oleo-resins which also have the proteins removed.

Thank you for your inquiry.  Please feel free to contact me if you need any
further information concerning the products that we produce.
(1-877-748-9796)

Sincerely,
Red Gold, Inc.

Rhonda Brewer