From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 10:20:18 +1000
>I don't follow your reasoning here.  You are saying that nuts >are "definitely paleo" and also that our ancestors "never ate
>[all kinds of plant foods]."

i wrote "all kinds of plant foods," not "all plant foods."  There were all kinds of plant foods that your, and my, ancestors didn't eat. my ancestors, not being from the amazon, did not eat brazil nuts.  they didn't eat flax seeds either.  or yams, none of which exist in northern europe, or carrots, which did not exist in their curent form until the 1500s.

> This would not apply to fruits, at least, that depend on being
> eaten for their propagation.
yes that's correct. essentially fruit and nuts are the only plant foods mostly without anti-nutrient or allergenic factors in them, on an overall basis [there are exceptions either way of course]. nuts are protected by their hard casing so no need to bother creating toxins.

andrew