From:
Theta Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:32:29 -0700
At 04:00 PM 6/5/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Great!  I've often wondered about this.  Can you give us a list, please, or
>a site?   I've read that parsley contains a lot of Vit C, but know nothing
>about the constituency of other herbs.  I eat Cilantro almost every day, but
>that's because I love it.  I eat so much of it I consider it one of my
>greens.

While I view the source as potentially dubious I often trek to the
following site to find information about nutrient content in foods.  (And
there are other Internet sources that help to validate what I find). There
are several perspectives (from the nutrient list - sorted both by nutrient
content and by nutrient name - and the foods that contain them; to the food
list and the nutrients contained in each food).  Lots of cooked and
processed foods to ignore, of course, but there are also raw foods listed -
not too hard to find them.  Cilantro is noted for it's ability to remove
mercury from the body even, I hear, crossing the blood-brain barrier.  In
my opinion your instincts may be working well - especially if you have
mercury amalgams or are eating foods high in mercury (some fish).  Here is
the USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory site:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/

Regards

-=mark=-