From:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 06:44:52 -0500
Ray -

When you asked this same question the other day, the Kenwood TH-F6A was
mentioned.  As I said then, while by every report, it's a great piece of
gear, there's a price for all that function and that price is operating
complexity.  The TH-F6A is _not_ a simple, straightforward radio to set up
and operate.  Like any piece of electronic gear that has a lot of
functionality built into it, the learning curve is fairly steep and the
number of things you'll need to memorize is fairly large.  I remember
thinking that my Icom IC-24T was a complex radio when I bought it and now,
it'd probably be considered a fairly simple HT.  The one really good thing
about the TH-F6A is that it can be programmed through your computer and from
what I've read in the manual, a blind ham would be real smart to buy the
computer cable and download the software.

--
 Walt Smith - Raleigh, NC