From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:34:45 -0700
David;
there is some info on actual CDR manufacturers here:
http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq05.html#S5-1
Many companies just re-label another manufacturer's drive
I have a TDK Velo 12x cdrw that is actually a re-badged plextor.
Some of the Iomega drives in the past were also made by plextor
and could even be flashed with plextor firmware.
you could identify your drive for sure by the FCC id number on the drive
Type the drives fcc number into this search engine:
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/ead
Don't worry too much about how windows identifies the drive
some of my cds and cdrs show up as "generic" ATAPI  drives also.

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho