C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Lahiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:35:33 EST
In a message dated 3/23/02 4:29:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Stay well... God bless. I will continue to pray for you. You are so brave.

When Chris showed me this email, tears literally flooded my eyes....thankyou
so much for that very kind post... Pregnancy has been a  challange for me
physically and Having physical limitations already ... well... it gets
rough...
I do get in the pool occasionally at the YMCA  but with Chris'  schedule...
it gets kind of difficult...
I take many hot baths and get massages occasionally from Chris....both work
wonderfully, but it is only temporary relief...Needless to say, I am really
looking foward to what my new PT says or reccommends:))))
..... I wouldn't describe myself as being brave for having or becomming
pregnant with this baby... I am a woman who simply wanted to share the love
my spouse  and I share and I and chose to try to become pregnant..I'll tell
you one thing I know for certain -.. Society definately has its opinions
about disabled parents (especially mothers to be )..and having CP definately
makes pregnancy a bumpier ride... but when this child, this gift, arrives
into this world... I know it's worth any bit of discomfort I endured...  And
when you are blessed with your future child I know in my heart you will feel
the same way...
Again, thankyou soooo much for thinking of me... you're a wonderful person...
Love,
Jennifer
PS... we changed the babys name to Ava Rose awhile back (shows often I
post...which i'm very sorry for now....)