C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Lahiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 07:10:59 EST
Jennifer asked for me to give you a little update on how she is doing (and
she is starting to feel guilty about not being part of the loop for so long)
Jennifer is almost 35weeks into her pregnancy and seems to be getting very
anxious to have our little one here with us (I must admit, I'm a bit anxious
myself)  She is enjoying the attention she is receiving from our family and
friends -- But I can honestly say that I think she is ready to not be
pregnant anymore.  This is why:
Physically, she is pretty much miserable.  Before getting pregnant, Jennifer
lived a mostly independent daily life, and until recently, she stubbornly
lived the same way.  But, now, she is almost dependent for any of her care.
I think most of it is due to her weight gain (she'd probably kill me if I
told you) and lack of movement.  Her muscles are more tightened and recently
has had to deal with some pretty bad hip pain.  Her ob/gyn has prescribed
Physical therapy 3x a week  in hopes she will regain some of what she has
lost before she has the baby.  (he also feels it will decrease her chances of
having to deliver via csection) ...She will hopefully be posting about our
new arrival in the next 5weeks or so, but she wanted to let you guys know she
is thinking of you all.
Sincerely,
Chris & Jen
 Ps, Do any of you know personally how pregnancy affects CP ??  Thanks.