RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dr Bernarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 02:06:13 EST
Ellie Rotunno (aka Elnora Van Winkle) died. She never hinted to this
RAW-FOOD@MAELSTROM message board that she was feeling sick or unwell or had
anything wrong with her. Upon further inquiry, Bob Avery, publisher of
M2M, a
Natural Health periodical,  received the following by email from a friend of
hers, Therese Dubuls:

"It is with deepest regret that I have to confirm the death of our dear
Ellie
on August 6th, 2001. She got ill with pancreatic  cancer late
spring/early summer and
had to undergo surgery on August 3rd, yet at that time nothing could be
done to save
her life.She called me on the phone a mere 3 hours before she died,
asking me to take
over her work and be her literary executor. I met her on the Web, back
in January
1999, and we got to know each other and ended up really close friends. I
visited her in NYC in December 2000, and it looks like I was well
inspired to do so.
Her family sent me her files in October, and I'm hoping to have them all
by Christmas.
I shall try to maintain her Web sites and her discussion groups and have
her book
published, but at this time I'm really busy because I'm the happy mother
of three
lively children, aged 6 years, 19 months and 4 months.Ellie was under
heavy medication, but also under severe emotional stress
throughtout her life up until age 62, when she started to eat raw food
and work her
redirecting self-therapy. Because she had turned to raw food, she didn't
forsee that
she had cancer until Aug. 3rd when she was cut open and discovered what
was going on -
after that she did not get back home and only told me on the phone that
she had several strange symptoms before but simply
identified them as having had something unclean to eat."

Bob Avery wrote " I don't know what else to add to that, except that this is
a great loss to our natural health community as well as to her friends and
family. Before checking out of this world, she put in a great effort to get
her hygienic theory of mental illness published in a peer-reviewed
scientific
journal, succeeding only after many months of critiques, and rejections from
various closed-minded journal editions. Her paper, 'The Toxic Mind: the
biology of mental illness and violence,' eventually was published in Medical
Hypotheses 2000, 55(4): 356-368.

Rather than rest on these laurels, she went further in setting up a
self-help
website and internet discussion group for those needing help with
mental/emotional detoxification. She also wrote letters and distributed
pamphlets to prison officals and head of state in many countries and told me
that some correctional institutions were using her methods of repressed
anger
resolution in rehabilitating prisoners.

She accomplished a great deal in the time allotted to her, yet she was only
73 when she died. May she rest in peace."
Dr. Bernarr, D.C., D.D. God Healing, Inc. Natural Hygiene Society, Inc.
P.O. Box 1523 Santa Monica California 90406 USA
Telephone: 310-396-2914; 310-452-0458
Web Site: http://www.healself.org              E-mail: [log in to unmask]