RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:41:12 -0700
 >Could you say a bit more about Shelton?  Did he have
 >a neurological disease?

Hi Carol - yes, he suffered from Parkinson's disease "in the 1960's
until his needless death in 1989." The quotation is from a Dr. Bernar
Zovluck posting to Rawlife. I never realized he was afflicted for 20+
years.

You might also check out an old Health & Beyond issue, an interview
with Dr. Vivian Vetrano, Vol.4, No.3 (July 1996), describing Dr.
Shelton's two long fasts she supervised herself to address the
disease (unsuccessfully):

http://chetday.com/backissues.html

I may have a PDF file of that issue hanging about. If I find it I'll
send it to you.

 >Is Diamond enthusiastic about RAF?

Here's a Chet Day article with a short interview blurb which
describes his current choices. He doesn't mention whether it's raw or
cooked but I suspect from his Hygienic background that it's more
likely raw than not:

http://www.chetday.com/healthgurus.htm

Cheers,
Jo