From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 02:02:44 +0000
>question:  how detrimental would daily or even occasional skim milk
>consumption be to the overall benefits of eating Paleo?....but i really
>love it and i'd
>probably miss it more than anything.....
>thanks!
>
>-robin

Robin; one of the things that will happen as soon as you've been eating
this way is that many of your cravings will change. Emotional issues about
"comfort foods" will hang on, but your whole metabolism will be operating
differently. So some of the things you think it might be hard to do without
will not be as attractive - and the longer you eat purely Paleo, the more
sensitive you will become to the bad effects of unnatural foods.

On the other hand, it is not easy to eat in contradiction to everyone
around you. It makes social events and eating out a bit of an ordeal. But
the benefits are undeniable, and I encourage you to continue your research
and give this way of eating a fair shake. It makes sense, because it IS
correct for us. You can fine-tune it later, but for now, try to be as
strict as you can in order to see what it can do. Have fun!

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!