From:
Paleo Babe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:36:18 -0400
>i haven't noticed that i have a reaction to dairy, really, but i'll
>definitely go totally without it for a while just to be sure.

You might find that if you give it up for a while and then start drinking it
again, you *will* have a reaction. Becoming more sensitive to foreign
proteins and other toxins is a common occurance after cutting them out for a
while.

I used to *love* milk and all dairy products, but giving them up was a huge
part of getting rid of my constant (not chronic, *constant*) sinus
infections. Now if I have anything more than a little cream in coffee, I get
all stuffed up, sometimes bad sinus headaches, and worst of all, allergic
shiners (awful dark rings around my eyes).

I can eat small amounts of organic white cheddar cheese, though, and it
doesn't seem to bother me. Here's something else interesting. I used to
crave cheese when I told myself I couldn't have it. Now that I've found that
a small amount of this cheese won't kill me and decided that it's OK to eat
once in a while, I find that a piece lasts forever and I can eat it once in
a while without any cravings inbetween. Mostly I eat in omelets for
breakfast.

Good luck Robin, and let us know how you're faring.

Irene