From:
Karen Scoggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:13:42 EDT
Hi there,

I've been a member of this list for a little while but have never posted.
I'm trying to switch over to a paleo diet (it just seems to make so much
sense) but am having trouble in some areas.  Would love to get some feedback
from the more experienced paleo diet people (sort of an informal survey for
those who want to answer)

1)  Why did you choose the paleo plan?
2)  How long have you been on a paleo diet?
3)  Which plan do you most closely follow and which book can't you live
without?
4)  What have been your results - health improvements, weight loss, etc.
5)  Did you have any addictions when you started that were hard to kick; if
so, how did you do it  (cold turkey or slow withdrawal)???
6)  Are there any "paleo foods" which you exclude from the diet because they
don't work for you?
7)  Are there any "non-paleo foods" which you seem to be able to handle in
small quantities while still maintaining your health improvements, etc.?
8)  What is a typical paleo day for you?  (I'm particularly interested in
what you all have for breakfast as I don't like eggs)
9)  Do you take any vitamins, supplements?
10)  What about exercise?

Thanks to all listers - I've learned a lot in the short time I've been a
member and appreciate all the time many of you spend giving information to us
all.

Karen S.

P.S. In case anyone can relate, I'll tell you that the reason I'm trying
paleo.   I need to lose weight and improve my health.  I have chronic
indolent non-hodgkins lymphoma and will probably need treatment in the next
year or so.  I need to be in better shape than I am now if I have to go thru
chemo.   I lost weight when I was first diagnosed (for the first time in my
life I couldn't eat!) and was semi-paleo when I started eating again (except
for a daily Coke and some rice/potatoes) but had some personal problems, got
lax with my diet (started on chocolate again after a year's abstinence) and
have now ended up in worse shape than when I was diagnosed.  Well, I've
decided I'm not ready to die yet and am determined to fight the good fight
once again.  Thanks for listening!