From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:15:10 -0600
Robin Fritche wrote:

> question:  how detrimental would daily or even occasional skim milk
> consumption be to the overall benefits of eating Paleo?  does anyone know?
> or is there any way to get milk from range-fed cows?  i know it's not a
> hunter-gatherer thing to drink any sort of milk, but i really love it and i'd
> probably miss it more than anything.  so, i'm looking for a possible
> compromise so i don't derail myself too badly.  i know about the nut milks
> and stuff, but i generally wouldn't be too interested in those.  any
> enlightenment or even a nudge in the right direction would be greatly
> appreciated.

If your system has a reaction to milk (which is pretty common), it might
interfere
with the benefits of a paleo diet.  One reason Paleo works well for some people
is that it gets them away from the proteins their body reacts against, such as
wheat gluten, peanuts, chocolate, dairy, etc.  You might try reading
the False Fat Diet book by Eldon Haas.  His diagnosis of food reactions is
right on target, although I don't care much for his dietary suggestions and the
"cleansing".  Just knowing what kind of symptoms might result, and how to
do elimination diets, is very helpful.

If you just don't want to go into that, I would still recommend NOT having
dairy every day.  Maybe once a week.  That way you can see what reaction
(if any) it has on you.

    Lynnet