C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 07:57:56 -0500
Our organization is unique in that as of right now we don't get any
government or private insurance money and we aren't a "faith-based" charity.
When I go mooching for money it's to working class folks at a service
organization.
I do admit that I show pix of the kids in therapy (with parental permission)
to show these folks as most don't know what I do (why do kids need a job,
I'm asked).  I think the kids are cute and that's what I try to show, kids
being kids.  I don't tell to much about their conditions, it would be
against confidentiality anyways.

I don't agree with the "faith-based" initiative at all.  Too many loop holes
for religious groups.  There are several charity groups out there that are
faith based eg. Salvation Army, Lutheran and Catholic Charities.  But, they
are separate from the main church organization and have to comply with
federal rules sic the Salvation Army vs. gays.

Beth T. the OT