From:
Jeff Orr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 08:40:15 -0500
I'm trying to connect our 2 computers, both using windows XP
One has a built in Ethernet, I installed a D-link card in the other one
and connected them with 50' of category 5e cable. They both say
"a network cable is unplugged" This is my first attempt at this, and
I don't know anything about it, but I checked the cable with a ohm meter
and there is continuity through all the wires. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Is there a good tutorial out there somewhere?