RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:35:34 -1000
From:
Prema Qadir <[log in to unmask]>
At 04:01 PM 8/20/2001 -0500, Automatic digest processor wrote:
>Date:    Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:40:15 -0400
>From:    Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Enter the ZONE?
>
>Hi Prema,
>Quick answer (no time...):
>Zone is pretty good about percentages, makes some sense as temporary aid
>to help people recover from sugar addiction, etc. But not necessary or
>sensible for long term.

Greetings!

Whenever somebody has time, I would like to know why balancing eicosanoids
to harmonize the hormones is NOT a sensible long term alternative.  Is it
the consumption of large amounts of protein and small amounts of carbohydrates?

>And not concerned with quality of foods eaten -

I agree.  I tried the Atkins diet, a couple of years ago.  It was way too
much flesh for me, even then.  I became a Vegetarian this past February.  I
like fish and I feel safe with the fish caught off the shores of the
Hawaiian island, where I reside.  But I was becoming worried about the
quality of the chicken and meats.

Plus, I never seemed to digest meat well.  Vegetarianism has been much
kinder to my colon, I think.

>this diet is more about percentages of macronutrients.
>Soy - not great. Lots to be said on this, lots of studies done, lots for
>you to read. Soy seems worrisome.

I'd like to know the problems with Soy products.

>Sorry for brevity of message - welcome to raw food group.
>Love Liza

Thank you, VERY much, for the time that you took to reply.

forward!
trust, prema