From:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:49:53 +0100
Wonder if anything new has come up on the vx-5 comprehensive manual front?
I just had apuzzling one, though,
I was on the Isle of White, and trying to bring up the local repeater, when
I discovered it wasn't coming up.
When we got back, found the radio appeared not to be receiving at all.
Only a slight his like an open amp could be heard. Squelch releasing did
nothing, nothing seemed to work. Called Yaesu here in the uk, and got told
to initialize the radio, which I did, still same as before.
So, in disgust I threw the radio back into the suitcase, for future
reference to be shipped back to Yaesu when we got back home.
The day we left, though I tried the radio again, rotated the knob on the
top, and heard a signal break through.
I tried the squelch again, and all was as if nothing had happened.
Yaesu couldn't work out what may have happened.
But, what I'd like eventually is a comprehensive guide as to what this radio
is capabile of doing, and ways of controlling various things, beyond perhaps
what is normally possible.
Has anyone come up across a vx-5 mailing list?
thanks
73 de g0gku/k1hbj
--
MAILTO:[log in to unmask]