From:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:12:44 +0100
How about more on this inverted v at180 feet?
How much twinlead?
How if half-size.
But, here's one.
On the Severn Valley Railway a few weekendds ago,I wasn't directly involved,
they set up a station which consisted of an antenna a long wire matched with
a tuner.
This wire was 97 feet long.
It ran up the side of an out building, across to another building, and
terminated at a fence.
The thing worked amazingly well on 40 meters.
I had a ten station pile up both fromdomestic,and European stations when I
tried it on the Sunday afternoon.
The results were astounding. I live a quarter of a mile away, and can't get
anything like that kind of result with anything I have run.
Right now, all my hf antennas are down, and there is nothing but a long wire
running up and down the side of the house.
But, I am going to try this 97 foot special,and see what it does.
One thing, though when we ran it on the railway, the r.F. in the shack was
incredible. You could have cooked hambergers on the key.
--
MAILTO:[log in to unmask]
HTTP://LISTENTOHEAR.CO.UK