David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:38:34 +0100
You have also got to make sure that the wire guys are not a resonant
length on the frequencies of your antennas unless you are using the guys
as a ground plain.

Make sure that your bottle screws (turn buckles) are at minimum tension
when you install the guys.

Some guy wire nowadays has a nylon inner with wound stranded stainless
outer, this tends to work rather better in terms of non stretch.

While on this sort of subject, the correct way of using the traditional
egg insulator is that the antenna wraps through the whole groove of the
egg with the hole at the far end, and the reciprocal for the guy or
fixer.
In this way if the insulator breaks the wire and support are still
looped together.

73 de g3yxx

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Steve
<[log in to unmask]> writes