BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chapel of the unPowered nailers.
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:43:05 EST
Correction.

Discussed the previous inquiry with my friend Mr. Wizard (actually Dr.
Wizard, physicist at Lucent; claims he's not responsible for their current
location in the lead bend [the second fitting beneath the trap at the bottom
of the water closet, for those who may be unfamiliar with potentially obscure
plumbing references]).  The good Dr. advises that sleds do indeed run on, and
are lubricated by the teeny film of melted ice as described previously in
this space.  The purpose of the wax is not to lubricate the runners but to
smooth out (or at least reduce) irregularities in the surface and thereby
reduce friction.  This sounded different from lubrication to me, and made
sense at the time.  Was also advised that cross country skis are waxed to
increase traction on the snow.

Leg (and bikini) waxing were not part of the conversation.  There are some
things gentlemen don't discuss.

So there.

Ralph