BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chapel of the unPowered nailers.
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 08:59:02 EST
In a message dated 1/7/2001 11:11:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< So, I should have the Flexible Flyer rails ground down smooth? >>

Without having consulted Dr. Wizard, I would say it's probably not a bad
idea. Why don't you call that nice guy who ground down your windows?
Shouldn't be more than a couple hundred per runner.  Or you could sled down
to Westphal in the 30's (or wherever they are, if they still exist) and ask
if they'll grind while you wait.  Or wait for the itinerant knife grinder to
pass by with his donkey cart?

However, if waxing has provided satisfactory results in the past, you
probably can
continue as before.  If you're determined to spend money on this project, you
could go out and buy a block of paraffin instead of using no-cost candle
butts ....Which reminds me of yet another cultural difference footnote: Is it
possible that candle butts are a Gentile (not in the Mormon sense)
phenomenon? I don't think Jews have candle butts; we (at least in my and my
in-law's families) let our candles burn out.  Blubber butts are an entirely
different matter.

Always trying to be helpful,

Ralph