NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:21:19 -0400
Yesterday he was the perfect angel...go figure.  Anyway, I wanted to answer some questions that came up (and forgive me if I seem off topic--I am replying to several different questions from people on different topic lists).

FTT=failure to thrive

Tyler's allergies are milk, egg, soy, fish and they are well controlled.  I do not think his behavior, at this point, is allergy related as we are extremely careful.  I am, keeping a food diary and cant pinpoint any triggers.....I am going to work on this with he allergist, gastro and dietician though!

He attends playdates regularly as I am President of our local Moms club....so we are around other children almost every day....and it seems he is fine with some children and not with others....and he is fine 1 day and not the next?!

I have considered parenting classes and child psychologists just not sure where/how to find either one and what if anything I would gain from it.

I have the Spirited Child book, thanks to whomever suggested it...it is my bible!!

Tyler is not delayed in ant other areas...eh runs around, jumps, throws, catches, kicks, speaks 3-5 word phrases and hears and sees well.....so Ian am not sure if we qualify under EI but I am going to find out.

I read the bread article and the Feingold website--very interesting.....would a nutritionist be able to help me with either of these things??

I am also considering wheat elimination as someone suggested for 2 reasons (1) behavior and (2) lack of weigh gain.  Any ideas/comments/suggestions on this??

I have to run, he is being very cranky, but I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to those who responded and answer your questions/comments ASAP!

Thanks again, I look forward to reading your thoughts.....thanks for sharing you personals stories :) It means so very much to me, to know I am not just  crazy mom!!!

Nancy

"My  SONS are my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise THEM is my greatest challenge"