NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:35:53 -0400
Hi!!  AS you know, Tyler is 23 months and has food allergies and FTT.  He also is a behavior nightmare!! At  23 month old he is getting increasingly aggressive and downright mean around other boys (it only seems to happen with boys that are within 6 months of his own age and around the same size). Several months ago, I had looked into sensory issues (like he just doesn't understand how rough he is or possible impulse control issues) and my ped told me he was fine. I am not so sure. We have tried taking away toys, leaving playdates, making playmates go home, taking away TV time, time outs, ignoring the behaviors, and even (and I said I'd NEVER do this) smacking his hand or bottom and telling him NO HITTING (or biting or kicking or whatever the issue at hand is).

Can Early intervention help? How about occupational or physical therapy (can I get them thru EI)? I really strongly feel his behavior goes beyond the norm for a 2 year old boy.....he is so mean, particularly to 2 little boys we socialize with.....who do I call? His ped? His allergist?? His food allergies are well controlled and he is small for his age but I don't think these things are related? Whose authorization or recommendation do I need for early intervention? I am at my wits end. He is so sweet most of the time and you'd think he is so loveable and perfect in his good moments, BUT he is so out of control at other times.

Please, ANY advice is appreciated....don't be afraid to tell me like it is, I really want HONEST and CANDID help!

Thanks!

Nancy (in NJ)

"My  SONS are my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise THEM is my greatest challenge"