EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 07:30:03 -0400
Norman Coombs writes:

> Distance learning has been one of my passions for almost 20 years.  My
> interests were first in it for its sake, but second I have been concerned
> to make it as fully accessible as possible for people like myself.  Many
> people have urged me to put together a workshop sharing my experience and
> resources.  The topic is so complex covering many technologies that I kept
> putting it off.  Now it is happening!
>
> May 7 will be the unveiling of an 8-week online workshop on e-learning and
> accessibility for students with disabilities.  You can check out the
> syllabus and registration information at:
> http://easi.cc/workshops/bfel.htm

Norman is also scheduled to teach a half-day pre-conference course on
e-learning at the RESNA conference in Reno, Nevada on Friday 22 June 2001.
Here is the course description:

E-learning is sweeping across colleges, business training and also becoming
common in public schools. Adaptive computer technology can provide a more
level playing field for students with disabilities, but inadequate systems
design can block them from using these e-learning systems. The presentation
will demonstrate how e-learning works, how it can be a problem or solution for
access to education for students with disabilities and describe ways to
maximize e-learning systems for this population. The presenter will rely on
more than a decade's experience teaching online and will share accessibility
work being done presently in several research projects with [which] he is
affiliated. Faculty: Norman Coombs PhD, Equal Access to Software and
Information [EASI]

For more information about registering for the course, and the RESNA
conference, see

www.RESNA.org

Alan Cantor
Cantor + Associates Inc.