From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 19:41:28 -0400
A service necessary for IDE is set improperly.  It should be boot or auto,
it might be set to manual.  I don't use NT server with ide so I can't check
for you which one, but the service name is pretty self-explanatory, or, you
can do this: check services after a boot when the ide drive is missing, open
disk administrator and reassign F:, then check services and see what's
changed.  The changed services are the one or ones you need to reset so they
will always start on a system restart.
Tom Turak