From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:36:33 +0200
Usually when you get the default 640x480x16 colours it usually means that
you have an incorrect driver for your graphics/video card. Secondly, you
shouldn't need a driver for your monitor, even if you do have one, windows
will more than likely install the default for monitor driver which has never
failed to work for me.
As far as the booting problem goes, it could be anything, including a
setting you changed in the CMOS. What may be a good idea is to go into your
CMOS again and look for something like "Set Factory Defaults" and check
(click) that. Save settings and reboot.
I don't know anything about your graphics card nor your monitor to be of
much help there.
By the way, why do you select have disk and then I guess type
C:\creativeorupdate.exe. Usually you should only point to the directory the
install file is in ((which is usually a .inf file and not an .exe.
I have also "broken" some of my own PC's before and I guess that is the only
way to learn. However, I suspect you may be in way too deep and would
probably suggest you take your machine to the local friendly PC techie.
Good luck.